Want to know more about our Director, Mark? Read on to find out more about his role, what got him into the industry, and what he enjoys doing in his spare time…
1) What was your first ever job?
I was in a YTS sales position in an old electronics chain called Rumbelows – they once rivalled Curry’s & Dixons. I earned £30 a week for about two years before being taken on by the company.
2) Why did you get into the energy sector?
My first role in energy was as a sales manager for a team selling Eon tariffs to residential customers. It was a natural step to then get involved in the B2B market.
3) Tell us a bit about your role?
I deal with client acquisition, management and care. I also liaise with our legal partners about cases, work on business strategy and direction, and take on many other day-to-day duties.
4) What do you hope to achieve at BEC?
I’m in on the ground floor at a business which I absolutely believe in. We are trying to make a positive change in the energy brokerage market while growing our business to achieve financial success.
5) How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Tenacious, ambitious and honest.
6) If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
Trust your gut instinct, it will never let you down.
7) What are the values that drive you?
Family. I push myself every day to ensure that I can provide for my family and make sure we can afford a nice life with a yearly family holiday.
8) What do you enjoy doing when you’re not working?
Making memories with my wife and children.
9) Tell us something about you that would surprise people?
I joined the army at age 19.
10) If you had a superpower, what would it be and why?
Telepathy, so I could get into the heads of people, see their thoughts, and discover their secrets and motives.